This week has been designated to raise awareness about the dangers of many products in the home that are poisonous and how to keep your family safe.
Over 2 million poisonings are reported each year with close to 90% of them happening in the home. It is well worth taking a few minutes to look around your home and do everything you can to prevent a poisoning. Here are some FAQ to help.
There is now a national phone number you can call if you have questions about a possible poisoning. 1-800-222-1222. This number can help you determine what to do. If someone is showing signs of illness always call 911.
This site has lots of other helpful information.
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
~ Benjamin Franklin
Happy St. Patrick’s Day