“It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” ~ Mother Teresa
Has someone told you not to buy them any gifts? They don’t “need” anything. They claim they have way too many things in their home already.
You still want to get them something but don’t want to add to their “too many things”.
Maybe it’s time to consider some clutter-free gifts that they will enjoy and you won’t feel guilty about giving it to them..
Below are some lists of clutter-free and almost clutter free gift ideas.
Clutter-free gift ideas:
1. Gift certificates:
- Movie theaters
- Live theater season tickets
- Sporting events
- A day of pampering at a local day spa
2. Donation made in their honor to their favorite charity.
3. Membership to a Public TV station or their favorite subscription website.
4. Buy items for a needy family in their honor. (check local charities for info) They may want to help with picking out the items.
Almost clutter-free gift ideas.
1. Favorite food items: cookies, cakes, gourmet coffee or tea, candy, etc. Make sure that the container you give the items in won’t add to the recipient’s clutter.
2. Gifts for pampering themselves: lotions, shower gels, perfume, candles, etc. Like above, make sure there aren’t containers that will add to their clutter such as baskets or other fancy gift containers.
Clutter-free gift ideas – mostly your time:
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. ~Kahlil Gibran
1. Create a gift certificate that can be redeemed for a service. Many of these would work great for older grandchildren to give to their grandparents. These also work for neighbors, friends, adult siblings, aunts and uncles, and even your own parents.
- Cleaning the garage or basement
- Car washing
- Special household projects (painting, minor repairs, etc.)
- Dog/cat/pet sitting
2. Create a gift certificate that promises someone that you will spend time and share the activity together. If you don’t want to spend much money look for free local attractions you can attend together.
- A movie
- Special event
- Visit a local museum/attraction of their choice.
A hug is a great gift – one size fits all, and it’s easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown
If you have more clutter-free ideas to add to this list please let me know in the comment section. Thanks.
To a lighter load along the way.