Once you’ve completed the steps in Part 1 and Part 2 (see links below to review them) it’s time for the fun part – shopping! Impulse shopping, especially at Halloween, is a lot of fun but in the long run you usually end up regretting having spent more money than you planned and/or buying way too many items with no where to store them the rest of the year.
Take your list from Parts 1 & 2, then add some of the information listed below. Now you’ll be ready to head to the store for some fun shopping without too many regrets once Halloween is over.
- Decide on a budget before heading to the store.
- If buying costumes know approximate size of each person.
- Make a written list of what you plan to buy. It will help keep you focused and reduce the amount of impulse buying.
- If you child is not sure what he/she wants just yet then it’s okay to window shop a couple of times. Don’t wait too long or the costumes will be picked over.
- If you are adding to what you already have take a picture on your phone or print one out to look at while you’re at the store.
- Be aware of potential safety issues before buying costumes or decorations. You can check out my articles and/or eBook for more information. See links below.
The “How To Have A Fun, Safe, And Decluttered Halloween”eBook is now available for the PC, Kindle, and Nook. It’s a witches brew of tips on decorations, costumes, and treats. Get it now before you head to the store.
Check out my FaceBook page for more tips on decluttering.